There will be 25 multiple choice questions, just like before. Please bring a scantron and pencil. You may leave after it is completed. If you can answer all these questions you’ll do great on Quiz 2!
- What early experience shaped his life?
- Who was Josephine Baker?
- What two things did he have in his pocket at parties?
- What amazing story was told about his Harvard show?
- What is he credited with inventing?
- What happened in Grand Rapids Michigan when he was hired?
- How did he change the nature of sculpture?
- What were his large “stable” sculptures called?
Cai Guo Qiang
- What national event was Cai hired to open?
- What was spread over the old ship in his installation Reflection?
- Why did he take pictures of himself holding a mushroom cloud?
- What was the point of making a “Wailing Wall” out of 400 cars?
- Why did he make an airplane out of confiscated objects from airport security?
- Why did he fill a room with crabs and sand?
Elements of Theater/Wrong Trousers
- What are the six elements of theater?
- What is deus ex machine?
- What recurring prop occurs in The Wrong Trousers?
Checklist for Movies
- What is mise-en-scene?
- What is a leitmotif?
- What is intertextuality?
On The Waterfront
- Who were the Hollywood Ten?
- What is a black list?
- What motivation would Elia Kazan have for making On the Waterfront?
- What do you notice about the opening and closing shot in the film?
- Why shoot through fences, against bricks, in alleys?
- What does Joey’s jacket symbolize?
- What is decided in the taxicab between the two brothers and why?
- What do we hear when Terry tells Edie about his part in the murder of her brother?
- Was the film based on a true story?
- What was the “antecedent action” for Terry?
- What is the “inciting incident” in the film?
- What is the “climax” in the film?
- What is the “resolution” in the film?
- What is the “thought” in the film?